Home > Knowledge > Content

Characteristics of dicumene and its added amount

Apr 02, 2019

As a synergistic agent for flame retardant of polyolefin plastics, it can replace antimony trioxide in bromine-based flame retardant system, increase the flame retardant effect, and increase the physical and mechanical properties of plastics while reducing the amount of flame retardant. . It can be used in a variety of plastics and can be used as a synergistic flame retardant in both brominated and halogen-free flame retardant systems.

It has high heat resistance and can be used in engineering plastics with higher processing temperature. It is non-toxic, smoke-proof and low-cost. It is a popular additive flame retardant. The addition of flame retardant can be reduced at most. 1/3. In the HIPS formula, 30-AZ completely replaces antimony trioxide, and in the case of achieving the same flame retardant effect, the amount of the bromine-based flame retardant in the combined dicumene formula is reduced by 50%, and the amount of the combined dryness itself is used. It is 40% of antimony dicumene.

1.6% iodobenzene and 0.2% Sb2o3 were added to the PP, and 0.2% of the combined dicumene was added as a synergist. The product oxygen index was 25.5; if not, the oxygen index was 19.5. Further, if polystyrene is added with 0.3% to 0.5% organic bromide and 0.3% is added, the flame-extinction time of the product after molding is <3S; if not, the product is completely burned. It can be seen that the fire retardant and synergistic effect of the combined dicumene is very obvious. According to national and international transportation regulations,dicumene is not a dangerous product.

www.china-zhufengchem.com