Basic definition and performance conditions of preservatives
Preservatives are commonly used as additives in the processing of foods and the like. It can be used to prevent deterioration of food caused by microorganisms during storage and circulation, improve preservation and prolong food consumption. In simple terms, preservatives are substances that kill microbes or inhibit their reproduction.
From the concept of anti-microbial, preservative products can be more accurately divided into two categories, of which the substance with bactericidal action is called bactericide, and the only bacteriostatic substance is called preservative.
Preservatives serve as basic conditions for excellent antiseptic and antifungal agents:
1. It is not toxic and irritating within a certain application concentration range, and the preservative used for internal administration should have no odor;
2. Wide range of antibacterial activity, strong antibacterial activity of rot and mildew proof agent;
3. The solubility in water can reach the required bacteriostatic concentration;
4. does not affect the physical and chemical properties of the drug in the drug and the efficacy of the drug;
5. Preservatives are also not affected by drugs and other additives in the drug;
6. The nature is stable, not susceptible to heat and changes in the pH value of the agent affects the anti-corrosion effect of the rot and anti-fungal agent, long-term storage does not decompose and fail.